2007年4月20日金曜日

English Experiences.

When I was at junior high school I studied English for the first time. This new subject quiet upset me why I have been spoke only Japanese in my life. "What's English?" " I cannot get more language." I thought like that in my mind probably. That is I did not very like English.
Two months passed after I got into JHS. I was still bad at English. I could not understood 'The third person' and ' tense' . Do you believe that? This is not a lie, this is true.
But, in a sad case, I had a miraculous encounter. ALT teacher from United States came to my school to teach English for assistant. His name is Charlse. I had a fear of him, because his looks seemed a gang. Certainly, all my classmate has same thoughts. Contrary to our suppose, he was kind of tender and cheerful man. He spoke to us actively about food, sports and culture etc. I could follow his words with dufficulty, but I hardly never told and expressed my intention. Though I wanted to speak more, I had no confidence.
One day, my teacher asked me to tell the next class for Mr. Charlse. This was big work for me. Then I tried to tell a massage from teacher to him. Unfortunately, I could not well. It was a bitter disapointment to fail that. So, I studied harder and harder to improve my English. Next week, I talked to him by myself. Just then he said to me with smile " I really happy to be talked you." Of course I felt so too. I got a new delight that communicate each other in foreign language. He returned to his country for only half-year. I felt lonely no one talk to in English. He gave me a many chance to communicate together. Now I greatly appreciate what he has done for me. I can communicate with foreigher in English without anxiety. This is the unexpected occurance of my life.

In senior high school, sometimes I had a chance to read a book written in English. As you know famous Penguin readers' book. It was good for me. I could develop my faculies of Reading. It'a valuable activity. In contrast, English for Entrance exam (matriculation) was not very enjoyable and valuable. It was terrible that we should study grammar and idiom which of no practical use. But I studied unwillingly. English for SHS is kind of rote memorization, I think.

These my experiences made the present myself. It is not too much to say that my attitude for English have been molded by the environment in which I passed my school life. But still not complete. I will come across many people and culture, so my position for English may be varied. It's changeable.

My experiences mainly gives you the importance of communication when I noticed at JHS. The attitude to make relation each other (Especially for foreigner) should be cultivated every chance. To do so, we have to get a habit what get to know from childhood. The least no communication, there is no mutual understanding.

My English experience and thoughts are such above.

12 件のコメント:

Scarlet さんのコメント...

Hi Hikkun. This is Scarlet.
You had some good experience in JHS. I think you are good at English now. Let's talk in English next time we meet.

See you on monday.

hikkun さんのコメント...

Hello, Scarlet.
Thank you for your comment. I'm glad.
My story is an unexpected for you, I think. Could you read easily? I hope you share my story.
I will greet and speak in English next.

micchan さんのコメント...

Dear, my friend Hikkun,
I cannot believe that you have disliked English at first.
In case of me, English was so fresh because it deffered from Japanese in grammar, pronunciation,and so on.
In addition, I could communicate with a lot of people using English.
Some chances let you and students love English, I think.
Your experiences was so good that I would like to talk more, to
refer to these in practice teaching.
Thank you for wanderful talking!!

pizza さんのコメント...

Hello Hikkun!This is Pizza.
Reading your story,I felt how important to talk with native speakers is.I think that some students wonder "Why do we study English?"So it is effective to give students a lot of chances to talk with native speakers,because by communicating with native speakers,students may feel that it is interesting to speak English.
Thank you for your wonderful story!
See you next class.

JH さんのコメント...

Hello Projector Man,
I am at home with a cold and feeling pretty lousy, but reading about your positive experience gave me some energy.
JH

micchi さんのコメント...
このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。
Misato さんのコメント...

Hi, this is Misato!
I can't believe that you were bad at English too.
But I think if Chaelse read this story, he will be very happy.
Reading your story, I think I want to be an teacher who give student chance to like English like Charlse.
Thank you for your good story.
See you tomorrow!!

hikkun さんのコメント...

micchan >
Thanks your comment.
The experience of your's and motive are opposite to me.
I got an English a little, so I can talk to many foreigner now.
Andmore, I would learn about English including culture and history etc.

pizza >
Thank you for your comment.
Communication methods are diverse, like a gesture and other non-verval communication.
Learning English become more interst and limitless with these methods and speaking, right?
Let's study more in ETMC class.

hikkun さんのコメント...

JH >
Thanks your comment.
Are you alright?
Please have enough sleeping and rest.

Misato >
I hope he will see this blog.
Children who study at secondary school will get a chance to speak English.
I want them to tell their thoughts amd feelings positively.
Thanks.

radish さんのコメント...

You took good experience.I wanted to exeperient like you.I believe you will be a good teacher.

hikkun さんのコメント...

Radish >
Thanks.
You become a good teacher too.You have a humor sense.
You may experience like mine in the future.Then you receive something good for you or change.

Naojin さんのコメント...

Hello,this is Naojin.
I was surprised to know that you hadn't like Englsh at first. However,you explained how you had become to like English and talkative.I'm glad to read your blog.Good job Hikkun!! See you next time.