2007年6月25日月曜日

How to be a Succsessful English Teacher

Last class, the guest of English teacher from Junior high school gave us a speech. I learned that the situation of the present student and differences of a Elementary school and junior high school. I could know many helpful infomation from his speech. And I want to think how to be a good teacher with his advise.


Mr. M said that now teacher should become flexbile. The work of a teacher is not only teaching. Sometimes they care their students about physical and mental problem, more others. It is difficult to teach and study with adolescent children. But I think that we could make a confidence between a teacher and student. Teacher can approach them with understanding them. To understand students, teacher should observe and watch them what they require for the teacher. This is not easy. So I write some thought to become a good teacher. I do not know it work well.


1, As Mr.Hall wrote at his blog, we need a greeting every day at first. In japan, greeting is the importance activity when people meet first and always. Also, children were tought at school 'when you meet a guest or a person you know, greet.' If you could a nice greeting, children will get to put confidence in you. I think better that you greet faster than children. they will be glad surely.

2, Children want to talk a first met men and foreigner, but they cannot speak English well and shy. We have a chance to close them. To more closer, we need have a lot of interesting topic for them. Something interesting will help the lesson, I think. For example, when I was at high school, my teacher was always talking some topic in first 5 minutes. After his speech, students concentrates and prepare to take his class because they feel good for him.

I recommend my socond opinion. My teacher talked about weather, news and more. His story ends with a laugh. This becomes the one of the elements which are used to attract a student. I want to use it.

1 件のコメント:

JH さんのコメント...

I did not realize how important the opening monologue of a class could be. Thanks for sharing it.
JH